Minerva knowledge base
Welcome to the Minerva Knowledge Base which includes a comprehensive set of Minerva reference documents, quick step guides, and past training presentations on the following topics:
- General reference, including the User Guide
- Minerva reports
- Reporting by CPWI and CBO contractors
- Tribal prevention
- Specific prevention programs
Visit the main Minerva page for:
- Account management (for new users)
- Login to Minerva
- View the Minerva TA Call schedule on our calendar.
Reference documents for all system users
- User guide - Complete product documentation for Minerva [updated July 2017].
- DBHR's reporting requirements - DBHR's requirements for reporting per our contracts. Note: For descriptive purposes only; does not replace contract [posted August 31, 2017].
- Training Program Profile - Report Trainings you host or attend [ updated September 22, 2017].
- Survey selection - A guide for aligning your risk or protective factor with an appropriate objective and pre/post survey when building your program profile [February 2017].
- Program start up activities - Report activities such as curriculum purchases or orientations [updated November 22, 2017].
- Available surveys - Click this link to open a zip folder of PDFs of all available survey instruments [August 2017].
- Planning for data entry - A guide that defines data entry types used in Minerva and includes a comprehensive Checklist to help plan for data entry (may be adapted for local use) [November 22, 2017].
- Collaborating with schools to collect student information - Suggestions on how to work with schools when implementing school-based programs.
- Collecting and reporting personally identifiable information - A description of why DBHR requires certain information to be reported, and information on HIPAA.
Reference documents on Minerva reports
- Planning Reports - a description of the Program on a Page Report, the Activity Log on a Page Report, and the Planning Report. Designed for all System Users, these reports will help with setting up Program Planning Profiles and Activity Logs [August 30, 2018].
- Services by Performing Entity and Program Report - a complete guide to requesting the SPEPR and suggestions for how to use this report [date of update: October 29, 2018]
- Tribal Annual Report - reference regarding starting and completing a Tribal Annual Narrative for Prevention Programming in Minerva and downloading information entered into the "Tribal Annual Reporting" section of Minerva.
Reference documents for Community-based Organizations (CBOs) and Community Prevention and Wellness Initiative (CPWI) communities
- CPWI community coalition - Program Profile - Create a Program Profile for Community Coalition meetings [updated September 14, 2017].
- CPWI community coalition - Activity Logs - Follow these steps to correctly create up to four (4) Activity Logs for Coalition meetings. Report Coalition meetings (as sessions) in the appropriate Activity Log [updated September 22, 2017].
- Environmental strategies and information dissemination - A comprehensive guide on Environmental Strategies and Information Dissemination. Create Program Profiles, Activity Log(s), and Enter Session Details [June 2017].
- Budget allocations in minerva - Create Tier 2 and Tier 3 Budget Allocations in Minerva [April 30, 2018].
Reference documents for Tribal prevention partners
- Visit the Athena Forum's page on Tribal prevention and wellness programs via this link: https://www.theathenaforum.org/resources-for-providers/tribal-prevention-and-wellness-programs.
- CSAP Strategies - a short description of CSAP Strategies, including examples of types of Prevention programs per Strategy [August 30, 2018].
- IOM Categories - a short description of IOM Categories [August 30, 2018].
- Risk and Protective Factors - a short description of Risk Factors and Protective Factors [August 30, 2018].
Reference documents for specific programs
- Good Behavior Game - Follow these steps to correctly build a Program Profile for the GBG, create Activity Logs, and Enter Session Details. This also applies to many other multiple teacher, multiple classroom programs [Updated December 21 2017].
- Mentoring and one-to-one services - slides from June 22, 2017 TA Call.