MENTOR Washington trauma-informed practices training
MENTOR Washington is offering a workshop facilitated by Sound Discipline. Participants will learn the impact of trauma and insecure attachment on developing brains and gain tools for building children’s resiliency to build positive relationships.
- The brain science around what trauma, toxic stress and insecure attachment due to growing brains.
- How to benefit all students including those exposed to trauma.
- How to teach youth why their brain sometimes won’t cooperate and how they can learn to self-regulate.
- How to use strengths-based plans to foster learning for all youth exposed to trauma.
- How all of us can be a buffer against toxic stress for the youth in our communities.