Congratulations to the four new Drug Free Communities (DFC) grantees in Washington state:
- Klickitat County (Our Klickitat)
- Sedro-Woolley (Skagit County Child and Family Consortium)
- Spokane (Spokane West Central Coalition) and
- Tacoma (The Prevent! Tacoma Coalition).
To receive funding through this highly competitive Federal program is a testament to the terrific work going on in those coalitions. As a DFC recipient, these grantees will receive up to $125,000 per year for five years with an opportunity to apply for an additional five years.
There were also three Washington coalitions that secured DFC funding for an additional five years:
- Sunnyside (Sunnyside United-Unidos)
- Issaquah (Influence the Choice – Drug Prevention Alliance for Youth)
- Raymond (Teen Advocacy Coalition)
Again, the continued coalition awards demonstrate the strength and effectiveness those coalitions have in their communities. These 7 coalitions join 18 other Washington coalitions with continuation grant awards, bringing the total of coalitions in the state funded through the Drug Free Communities grant to 25.
Our congratulations to all DFC grantees on your hard work, successful applications, and the increased opportunity to create positive community-wide change preventing substance abuse!
Information about the DFC program and Drug Free Communities grantees can be found here: www.whitehouse.gov/ondcp/grants-programs/