Mark your calendars! SAMHSA’s next National Prevention Week will take place May 12 through 18, 2019. Each year around this observance, communities and organizations across the country come together to raise awareness about the importance of substance use prevention and positive mental health.
Each day this week, SAMHSA will focus on a specific health theme that is important to prevention. The 2019 daily themes are:
- Monday, May 13: Preventing Prescription and Opioid Drug Misuse
- Tuesday, May 14: Preventing Underage Drinking and Alcohol Misuse
- Wednesday, May 15: Preventing Illicit Drug Use and Youth Marijuana Use
- Thursday, May 16: Preventing Youth Tobacco Use
- Friday, May 17: Preventing Suicide