Unit Supervisor and Program Manager
As the Unit Supervisor and Program Manager within the Injury and Violence Prevention Section (IVP), you'll implement the WA State Suicide Prevention Plan and develop, advance and sustain suicide prevention activities across the state. You'll manage the highly visible Suicide Prevention Program Unit and work in coordination with the IVP staff and OHSC Surveillance and Evaluation epidemiologists.
This position supports the agency's mission by providing program management, staff direction and oversight, technical assistance and coordination efforts to reduce and prevent suicides, and their related consequences.
- Providing supervision of staff and participating in implementing the full range of the Suicide Prevention program management activities.
- Coaching, counseling and directing professional staff in the vision and direction of the program work and strategic implementation.
- Planning, leading, organizing, performing and overseeing the work required of the unit and program staff, to ensure full implementation of SSP program management activities.
- Reviewing relevant legislation and assisting in legislative bill analyses.
- Coordinating, leading and serving as technical advisor/staff lead to the Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention (AASP) comprised of internal DOH staff and external partners.