WASHINGTON FATAL DRUG OVERDOSE SURVEILLANCE NETWORK Planning and Training Conference
This conference has been designed to create a statewide network of partner agencies for collecting and sharing information from deaths due to suspected drug overdose. The specific goals of this conference are as follows:
- Provide guidance in identifying and reporting drug evidence collected at scenes of suspected drug overdose deaths.
- Help agencies obtain Raman devices and urine dipsticks to facilitate rapid identification of drug evidence.
- Encourage partner agencies to contribute to a central data repository of fatal drug overdose information.
- Distribute a simple form with procedures to report deaths due to suspected drug overdose.
- Provide access to weekly bulletins describing drug overdose deaths from around Washington.
- Show how to assist the Washington State Patrol Toxicology Laboratory in expediting reports of deaths due to suspected drug overdose