Webinar: Board diversity and inclusion workshop
Build strong diversity practices for your board
Board Diversity & Inclusion is an interactive workshop to equip board members with tools to create a culture that actively embraces a spectrum of voices and lived experiences.
In this half-day workshop, program participants learn key concepts and strategies for creating diversity on their board.
Is this workshop right for you?
This workshop is for not-for-profit board members and Executive Directors who want to increase diversity and inclusion in their board but are not sure where to start.
This three-hour workshop equips participants with:
- Skills and tools to bring diversity and inclusion practices into their boards
- Processes to encourage diversity and inclusion through recruitment, open meetings, planning, and engagement
- Develop self-awareness and knowledge about diversity, inclusion and the impact of privilege on not-for-profit governance and leadership
- Identify the benefits to their community in creating more diversity
- Build confidence in using strategies to engage more diversity
- Apply skills to embrace diversity across teams in their community organization
- Recognize cultural competency challenges in their organization and identify steps required to build and sustain diversity and inclusion actions in their work
- Lead conversations about diversity and inclusion in their organizations
- Benefits of creating a diverse and inclusive board
- Key concepts: diversity, inclusion, and privilege
- First/next steps in creating an inclusive culture
- Developing and integrating diversity/inclusion into board/organizational policies