Webinar: CROP-TR: When Covid-19 meets the opioid crisis
Participants completing this course will be able to:
1) explain how the response to COVID-19 is exacerbating the opioid crisis in America
2) explain why excessive and prolonged isolation and social distancing is compromising patients suffering from anxiety, depression, and addiction.
3) describe major changes in SAMHSA guidelines related to COVID-19.
4) describe new guidelines for prescribing Methadone, Buprenorphine, & Naloxone.
5) outline the effects of opioid addiction on pulmonary and immune function.
6) describe practical strategies for managing chronic pain and protecting access to medical care despite pandemic precautions.
7) describe how the information in this course can be utilized to improve patient care and patient outcomes.