Webinar: Emerging issues around vaping
Our expert moderator and panelists will answer questions and have a discussion about the following topics:
- Current research findings from the Division of Respiratory, Critical Care & Pulmonary, University of Utah on vaping-associated lung injury as well as an update on future studies.
- Vaping prevention risk/protective factors, existing evidence-based or promising vaping prevention programs for youth and young adults (18-25) and other vaping research and resources.
- Policies/laws around e-cigarettes/vaping at the federal level as well as within HHS Region 8 states (CO, MT, ND, SD, UT, WY). Additionally, the experts will discuss what, communities, community coalitions and schools can do, in regards to policies/laws, to combat vaping. Some strategies being implemented in rural communities will be highlighted.
Dr. Jason Burrow-Sánchez, Professor/Department Chair, Department of Educational Psychology, University of Utah
- Sean Callahan, M.D., Internal Medicine Physician and Assistant Professor, Division of Respiratory, Critical Care & Pulmonary, University of Utah
- Susannah Burt, Prevention Program Administrator, Utah Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health
- Braden Ainsworth MPH, CPM, Program Manager, Tobacco Prevention and Control Program, Utah Department of Health