Webinar: Identifying emerging drug trends: The importance of using the latest data to inform the Strategic Prevention Framework
The substance use landscape is ever changing, and it is vital for substance use preventionists and other stakeholders to have knowledge of the latest trends. This includes knowing which substances are undergoing rising or declining prevalence rates and which populations are experiencing increases or decreasing rates of use, misuse, and abuse. Knowing about these trends is necessary to ensuring that prevention efforts are as responsive and relevant as possible to the people and populations being served. This webinar seeks to provide preventionists with the latest national and state data on emerging drug trends. It will also provide examples of data sources that preventionists can use to verify that these trends are relevant to communities.
1) Describe what national and state emerging drug trend data sources exist
2) Explore the latest emerging drug trends
3) Explain how these trends could impact prevention programming decisions
4) Walk through the local data sources that can verify national and state trends
Contact Hours: 1 NAADAC*
* For attending the webinar in the Adobe Connect Room, participants will be eligible for a Certificate of Attendance. Certificates can be requested using the form that is accessible after completing the evaluation at the end of the webinar.