Webinar: Marijuana: Preparing for change
This webinar will introduce participants to marijuana and some of the changes around legalizing recreational marijuana. It will include the mechanism of action, some legal implications (federal law vs. state law) and possible uses of medical marijuana.
1. To increase knowledge about marijuana use
2. To examine policy changes that might affect a client in treatment
1. Describe who is using marijuana
2. Define terms around marijuana use: cannabidiol and cannabinoid
3. List reasons people use marijuana
4. Describe the mechanism of action for marijuana
5. List policies for distribution and advertising in states that have already legalized recreational marijuana
6. Describe the research around medical marijuana
This (2-hour) webinar is provided under New York State Office of Addiction Services and Supports (OASAS) Education and Training. Provider Certification Number (115) Training under a New York State OASAS Provider Certification is acceptable for meeting all or part of the CASAC/CPP/CPS education and training requirements.