Webinar: Meeting the social and emotional needs of students: A multi-tiered approach
While schools are well-aware of the importance of supporting the social, emotional, and mental health of their students, these supports are often fragmented, resulting in patchwork programming that strains limited resources and leaves many children without the services they need.
Multi-tiered systems of support (MTSS) offer a practical response to this challenge. This webinar will explore a process for developing MTSS that address the social and emotional needs of all students. Specifically, we will examine practical approaches to:
- Integrating into classroom instruction and school-wide policies practices that promote social and emotional learning (SEL)
- Selecting and administering SEL assessments and mental health screeners to identify struggling students
- Selecting and implementing evidence-based interventions using data-driven processes
- Establishing clear roles and referral processes for students with significant mental health needs
- Identifying and securing outside funding to support comprehensive SEL and mental health systems