Webinar: Nervous system regulation: Strategies for mind-body health
One of the most profound effects of the pandemic has been the loss of options, choices and control in our daily lives. This has led to an increase in anxiety, depression and substance use. However, emerging research points to a key aspect of daily living we have more power over than we may realize: our nervous system. Join clinician Matthew Polacheck, PsyD, to take a closer look at how we can regulate our nervous system functioning to lessen anxiety, lower depression and live with greater purpose, meaning and quality.
This highly interactive webinar features a progressive relaxation exercise as well as mind-body strategies to immediately regulate emotions and reduce anxiety.
- Examine emerging research on the nervous system, including SPECT brain scans
- Become knowledgeable about the function of the nervous system in daily living
- Recognize the relationship between the nervous system and depression/anxiety
- Participate in a progressive muscle relaxation exercise to experience mind-body interactivity
- Identify five strategies to immediately and positively influence quality of life and reduce anxiety
Can't attend on the scheduled date?
Register and you'll receive notice when we post the recording for on-demand viewing.
A certificate of completion will be awarded for attending this event. Please note, this event has not been approved for continuing education (CE) credit. The participant is responsible to verify if this activity meets their continuing education board requirements in order to gain credit.