Webinar: Suicide-related risk in Latinx/Hispanic Youth
Suicide is the second leading cause of death in the U.S. among people ages 10-24 years old and has disproportionately increased Latinx and Hispanic adolescents and young adults, who have elevated rates of suicidal behaviors. This 1.5 hour online session will provide information about identifying suicide-related risk in Latinx and Hispanic youth and review evidence-based practices to screen for risk across various settings.
• Recognize trends in suicide, suicidal thoughts and behaviors in Hispanic/Latinx adolescents and young adults in the U.S.
• Identify risk and protective factors associated with suicidal thoughts and behaviors
• Highlight culture-specific risk and protector factors associated with suicide-related risk
• Understand how some suicide prevention programs have integrated culture-specific experiences into their strategies
• Resources to screen for suicide-related risk in youth