Become a Healthy Minds Alliance host site for an AmeriCorps member
Become Healthy Minds Alliance host site
Since 1994, AmeriCorps has established a tradition of national service involving more than 80,000 Americans of all ages and backgrounds in intensive, results-driven service strengthening communities across the nation.
What Healthy Minds Alliance AmeriCorps members achieve
The Healthy Minds Alliance engages AmeriCorps members of all ages and backgrounds to meet critical mental health needs in communities across the nation. Healthy Minds Alliance AmeriCorps members focus on direct service implementing evidence-based/informed programs, increasing agency impact and fundraising related to service activities. Mental health programs include Mental Health First Aid, QPR, SafeTALK and other evidenced-based/informed programs identified by host sites.
How Health360 fits in
Health360 leads the Healthy Minds Alliance in partnership with the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) National Direct AmeriCorps. The Healthy Minds Alliance is currently awarded 20 full-time AmeriCorps members slots from CNCS. Health360 coordinates AmeriCorps member instructor training in the identified intervention. Health360 covers the cost of one instructor training per AmeriCorps member. Health360 handles reporting, administrative requirements and compiling performance measure data for your AmeriCorps member so you can focus on building effective programs that improve people’s lives and your community. We help you navigate AmeriCorps compliance requirements, provide you with the training you need to be successful, and offer mentoring as you develop a successful Mental Health program.
Is your organization a good fit?
An AmeriCorps member can improve your organization’s capacity to address mental health needs in your community through service.
Currently the Healthy Minds Alliance goals are to:
- Implement evidenced-based/informed mental health programs
- Build capacity at host sites to address unmet community mental health care needs
- Fundraise to support mental health focused programs
What is expected of host sites?
Health360 expects all our host sites to work with us to make the transformational experience for the AmeriCorps members, a valuable partnership for your organization, and an effective tool for addressing community mental health needs.
Host sites commit to:
- Partnering with Health360 to recruit an AmeriCorps member(s) for your host site
- Clear/consistent communication with Health360 and your AmeriCorps member(s)
- Bi-weekly AmeriCorps member timesheet submission
- Monthly host site supervisor meetings via conference call
- Timely submission of AmeriCorps member performance evaluation
- $8,500 non-refundable financial contribution upon award of AmeriCorps member slot
- Incur adequate in-kind expenses to ensure program success including travel costs associated with AmeriCorps member instructor training and program materials
- Implementation of the Policies & Procedures
- Train/certification of at least 150 people in mental health program
- Fully participate in pre and post data collection through Health360’s online data collection system
- Assure that AmeriCorps member service is limited to activities that are compliant with non-supplantation, non-duplication and non-displacement restrictions (Details)