Funding: RFA School Zone Safety Account Application - WA Traffic Safety Commission
Request for Application (RFA) 2020-04
- Application Due Date: March 27, 2020
- Project Start Date: July 1, 2020
The Washington Traffic Safety Commission (WTSC) administers funds from the school zone safety account (RCW 46.61.440) that "may be used only…to fund projects in local communities to improve school zone safety, pupil transportation safety, and student safety in school bus loading and unloading areas."
- There is a total of $215,000.00 in state funding available to support activities to increase safety for students walking and bicycling or riding school buses.
Maximum and Minimum Grants Available
- Maximum grant amount: $75,000
- Minimum grant amount: $30,000
Who is Eligible to Receive WTSC Grant Funds
- Washington State agencies.
- Federally recognized tribal governments
- Cities, counties, and their sub-agencies
- Non-profit organizations with existing IRS 501© (3) status
- Public schools (and private schools with non-profit status)
Prior recipients of these funds are eligible to apply for new funding.
- Note: Groups that do not fit one of these categories may still be able to receive these funds if they can get an eligible organization to apply on their behalf. The Non-Profit Assistance Center, (206) 324-5850, firstname.lastname@example.org, or a United Way agency in the area may be able to help find an eligible organization to submit an application.
The RFA Coordinators are the sole points of contact in the agency for this procurement. All communication between the Applicant and the agency upon release of this RFA shall be with the RFA Coordinators, as follows:
- Name: Scott Waller
- E-Mail Address: email@example.com
- Phone Number: (360) 725-9885
- Name: Manny Gonzalez
- E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number: (360) 725-9888