Listening session and strategic discussion: American Indian/Alaska Native communities: Trauma-responsive approaches to support the communities
Listening session and strategic discussion series: Emerging issues around COVID-19 and social determinants of health for the substance use prevention, treatment and recovery workforces
The Addiction Technology Transfer Center (ATTC) Network, and the Prevention Technology Transfer Center (PTTC) Network are facilitating a FREE, national online discussion and resource sharing opportunity for the substance use (SU) prevention, treatment, and recovery workforces focused on emerging issues around social determinants of health (SDH) and COVID-19.
Overview: Join us to huddle with other SU prevention, treatment, and recovery workforce professionals and engage around key emerging issues related to SDH, strategize and share ways to address these issues, and identify key tools and resources useful to the field. We will host one initial open Listening Session (90 minutes) to frame the upcoming Strategic Discussions and share key resources. This Listening Session will be followed by a series of Strategic Discussions (60 minutes) where invited speakers from the field will discuss emerging issues, strategize and share ways to address these issues, and identify key tools and resources useful to the field. Listening Session will not be recorded, but we will capture key themes from the conversation to share. The five Strategic Discussions will be recorded and uploaded to the SDH & COVID Discussion Series web-pages, along with other tools and resources, on the ATTC Network site and the PTTC Network site.
The series will feature:
- Live, 90-minute Listening Session via Zoom video conferencing to frame emerging issues and use discussion as a tool to empower the SU prevention, treatment, and recovery workforces to identify strategies and emerging best practices.
- Live 45-60-minute strategic discussions twice a week focused on data and strategies to address the emerging issues of specific population groups.
- Each Listening Session will include at least 45 minutes of structured conversation and information exchange and share key resources and lessons learned.
- Each Strategic Discussion will engage people actively addressing issues of SDH in the field, along with a panel of experienced providers and others addressing SDH.
- Key themes and resources will be collected from each session to support the work of the SU prevention, treatment and recovery workforces.
- Training tools, checklists, and other relevant resources
Who Should Attend?
All substance use prevention, treatment, and recovery workforce professionals.
No registration required for the live sessions. Simply click on the zoom link at the appropriate date and time to join the discussion. No CEs or certificates of attendance will be provided for these sessions.
Join one, two, three … or all of the live sessions, no prerequisites or required attendance. Customize the experience to meet your needs; combine your live session attendance with session briefs from previous sessions. Session briefs will be posted to both ATTC Network & PTTC Network sites for easy access.
Please visit our COVID-19 pandemic response resources for both the ATTC & PTTC Networks for helpful resources related to substance use prevention, treatment, and recovery:
- Tuesday, May 5: 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.: Strategic Discussion 3: American-Indian/Alaska Native communities: Trauma-Responsive Approaches to Support the Communities. Password: 721216