Substance Abuse Prevention Skills Training: Training of trainers
The Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery is partnering with Northwest Prevention Technology Transfer Center to offering a virtual Trainer of Trainers to become a SAPST trainer. The SAPST ToT will use the most recent version of the SAPST (2018) for this training. A master trainer will Deliver the SAPST VTOT curriculum. The participants will be divided into teams to teach back short sections of the curriculum over the course of the VTOT and receive constructive feedback from the trainer and each other.
The training will consist of a Tech Orientation/Training Overview on August 3, 2020 9am-10am. August 3-August 17, the master trainer will meet individually with pre-assigned teams to prepare them for teach-backs. August 17-21, the master trainer and all participants will meet daily by zoom conference sessions 9am -11am.
- Participants must plan to devote 20 hours during the week of the training 8/17-8/21. Including Zoom sessions, homework time, and preparation for 2 assigned teach back presentations.
- Participants must be available for all sessions of the training. (There are no opportunities for make-up days.)
- Participants will need a web-camera to be on camera throughout each session
- Participants must have completed the full SAPST, both self-paced online module and 4-day training within the past six year.
- Participants must have at least two years of experience training adults with an average of at least 3 full-day or longer trainings per year.
If you meet all of the minimum qualification and participation requirement, and are interested in attending. Please contact Sonja Pipek email@example.com by June 22 for more information on how to register. This training is hosted free of charge.